Just an update from our end--
It's been 4 weeks since we became a family of four and we are all doing GREAT!
Jayson has gotten used to his new role as big brother; he had a bit of a tough go when we first came home--he didn't like how much attention I gave the baby w/ feedings and it didn't matter what I said to him, the answer was NO!
But now, we are all doing well w/ our new roles--JJ still goes to preschool 2 days a week and music class at Eastman on Saturdays. When he is not doing that, he is home w/ Mommy! I LOVE staying home! I will have to go back to work for two weeks (June 16th-27th) but it's Regents week so at least I won't have to do any formal teaching :) Then I'm staying home for the whole summer! We will be on a tight budget but I'm so glad that we were able to save some $$ to make this possible.
I'm feeling great--I had to learn to "check myself" and listen to my body so when I feel like I'm doing too much, I just need to take it easy. But recovery has been great--so much better than my experience with the first c-section.
Kayley is such a good baby--she really never cries; just fusses when she is hungry or uncomfortable. She is so alert and loves to look around all of the time. She is also on an awesome schedule! I think God said, "let's not give this girl more than she can handle..." so JJ is in bed by 7:30-8:00 every night and Kayley is asleep by 9ish. Then Kayley wakes up to eat at around 12:30am and 4:30am. Then, THE BEST PART, everyone sleeps until 8:30am! JJ, Kayley and I all get up together at 8:30 for breakfast :) It's awesome! I really don't feel that sleep deprived anymore and I'm sure that is helping w/ my more positive outlook!
We have also been blessed w/ Mike having a lot of side jobs coming in for painting--he is pretty much booked for the rest of May and he has other people that need estimates so that means extra summer money for us :) He is very busy and gone more often but he is being a great provider for our family.
That's all from our end, hope all is well w/ you!! Happy soon-to-be Summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment