We were watching tv and Barrack Obama came on. I said "Hey, J! Marrack O'Mama is on tv!"
Thinking I was going to get a cute little response or at least a supportive 'Yay!!' I was shocked when my darling little future Kennedy said, "He dances like a little girl."
While my dreams of pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, and pro-everything-liberal went up in smoke before my eyes, I asked him three time to clarify what he said. And every time he said the same thing quite clearly. He dances like a little girl.
Everyone laughed (Mike's brother was still here visiting) and I think I have it figured out what he was talking about (last time we see Obama on tv he was on Ellen and he danced when he came out) but even that is stretching it. Sigh. Now I know how my father felt who told me when I turned 18, "I don't care what you do with your life but just do me a favor and don't vote. We would just cancel each other out."
Sigh. The reality of parenting. And a future Alex P. Keaton living under my roof.

No comments:
Post a Comment