Thursday, June 22, 2006

In a nutshell

Wshew!! what a couple of days!!
JJ and I have been busy adjusting to our new schedule and new lives--he has gotten used to the time change and has pretty much accepted that this is it for us for a while.

We've been busy going for walks everyday and checking out all of the animals--it's awesome that he can run out of the garage and I don't have to worry about him, there are about 4 acres of grass around the house so he can run and run and run and I just let him go :)
There are a few robins that let him chase them around the yard so he loves to do that. And there are lots of butterflies that he chases around. He has made friends w/ the chickens down the road and the neighbors' horses. Every house on our road seems to have an old sleeping dog under a tree that comes out to say hello to him too--JJ is in heaven!
He is also fascinated with the tractor in the back field, he runs right for it whenever we go outside.

Last night, I think he finally realized that Mike isn't here--he got real quiet and sad and just layed in his bed not moving but w/ his eyes wide open. Poor kid. Hopefully Mike and Barry will have a fun trip but I hope they hurry too.

Tonight we went to my grandmothers cottage on Lake Ontario--JJ ran and got into everything possible from the moment we got there. I took down food and made beef stew for us and I think my grandmother enjoyed it :) After dinner, we went for a walk and you wouldn't have believe it--JJ jumped in the lake! I swear that kid has no fear... We were walking on the beach and he kept trying to get the water and finally he just jumped in! The water had to be high 60s low 70s but it was so hot and muggy that I'm sure it felt good :)

So he was KO'd by the time we got in the car...now I'm off to sit and relax w/ a bowl of ice cream... this single motherhood is exhausting!!

BTW, Leah if you are reading this--haha, I WISH you were our vp interpreter today--Mike and I had quite a conversation and the poor woman was trying to capture my anger and his anger then my crying and blah blah...looking back it was just plain funny. It got to the point that I forgot I was talking to an interpreter and I was yelling at her as if she was Mike! Poor thing, I'm sure she thought, "My god, what a bitch!" Haha, ahhh a career I could never do!!

Good night all, stay cool!! Mike said it's steaming in Cali...hope you all are surviving!!

**I don't have the cord to download photos from our digital computer but as soon as it arrives, I will post pics asap :)

No comments: