I just finished Digging to America by Anne Tyler--it was good...not OH MY GOD I WANT TO READ IT AGAIN good, but it kept my attention.
I started Prodigal Summer by Kingsolver but I'm struggling to stay interested in that so I think I will go get a library membership and get Little Earthquakes that Juz recommended. Me so broke, no buying books here!
The expenses we have had are rediculous...I thought we would be saving $$ b/c we aren't paying rent...yea right. Movers cost $5k, shipping the truck another thousand, now registering the cars has cost $300 and one can't pass inspection b/c of a crack in the windshield so thats another $200...ugh...so frustrating...Down payment for a house, what?
Mike had an interview at RSD for a dorm position, fingers crossed! He feels that it went well so see see. He is also the newest member of the Rochester Chapter of high school football referee's! Ha, its awesome and he likes it--can't get football out of his blood and there aren't any deaf teams here for hs so he will ref. Scrimmages start in a couple weeks and he's excited.
I've been keeping myself busy w/ JJ--he has learned to drink from a straw (milkshakes and juice boxes are a big hit) and to high five. His new favorite words of this week are apple and tractor :)
I went yesterday to the cottage and my grandmother and I made strawberry jam! yum! We have quite the operation going...next is peach jam, then sweet chili sauce, then pickles, then applesauce. Any orders??
I'm off to wait for the glass guy to come fix our car windshield...have a great weekend everyone!! OH AND LISA AND KEVIN HAD A GIRL!!! Emma, 6 lbs, 6 oz, no epidural and Lisa looks like she never even had a kid one week later...such a bitch... haha--happy weekend!!!
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment