Just finished The Divide by Nicholas Evans--LOVED IT. It was a no-brainer, enough for me to enjoy whenever I could pick it up and it really kept my attention. Best book I've read this summer.
I got a library card but every book I tried to get they didn't have (remember its a very small farm-town library) so I ordered a couple of books from other libraries--Little Earthquakes per Juz suggestion and Fannie Flagg's new book. I just happened to grab The Divide as I was running past the fiction section chasing JJ (you would have thought he was in heaven--biggest maze he has ever seen!!) and it proved to be worth it. Same author as The Horse Whisperer. good, good, good.
Today the three of us went to an arts festival (there seems to be one every weekend in a different part of the city) and JJ had fun :) we walked all over looking at things we can't buy b/c we dont have a house to put them in and then went to a restaurant/bar on the canal for lunch and ate outside. It was great for JJ to watch the boats go buy and the bridge going up and down. Haha, Mike and I ordered beers cuz... why not, but we forgot that it's Sunday and you can't buy alcohol until noon (it was around 11:45). Is it like that all over?? Haha, I thought it was pretty funny but then felt like a lush b/c I wanted a beer before noon! I can't tell you how much I missed good beer--gotta love Labatts Blue! Mike loves it b/c he can go in anywhere, voice "blue" and they know exactly what to bring him! When we lived in Cali we couldn't even find the stuff so there are little pleasures in being back here :)
This week Mike is doing remodeling work all week so it's just me and JJ! We hope to hear about Mike's job soon b/c we need to start thinking about daycare, commuting an hour to work and back everyday until we move into the city, etc. We talked briefly today about maybe getting a short term rental on a townhouse or something in the city so we aren't blowing all of our $$ on gas...so see see.
Beautiful weather here--humidity has gone down so that helps but it has started to get chilly at night, Mike is worrying that the cold weather is already on its way!
Happy weekend :)
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment