So my Karma sucks pretty bad lately...
The kids are getting healthier...finally...JJ still has a bit of a cough and runny nose but that's it. My allergies are killing me--I'm not really sure what I can take while nursing so I haven't been taking anything...any ideas?
Yesterday I had planned on donating my hair to "locks of love" but I decided not to at the last minute. I figured it's summer and I really don't want to style my hair while I'm home w/ the kids so I will wait until I go back to school in the fall to cut it off. Well, somebody upstairs didn't like that idea--I ended up w/ a crappy cut (people trying to hide weight in their faces should not get layers...), crappy hair color (you can't even see it) and the girl who cuts my hair raised her rate fifteen dollars since the last time I was there. So I paid more for something I really don't like!
Then, driving home, Mike paged me and told me that the house door was locked
because he was showering, Kayley was sleeping and JJ was watching a movie. Well I didn't have a house key. So I paged him and told him to wait and when I arrived 2 minutes later, guess what? The door was locked.
So, dumb ass here decided to pound on the door hoping my deaf hubby could hear me. Well, I put my fist through the glass in the door. Note to self: DO NOT bang on glass windows in doors. They break.
I was really lucky--I have a few cuts but that's it. But glass went EVERYWHERE. Because it was the side door into the back hall, there was glass inside every pair of shoes in the hallway, every jacket--it even shattered and sprayed glass into the kitchen and bathroom. Ugh.
So, I spent every available minute last night cleaning--JJ doesn't wear socks or shoes in the house so I'm terrified he is going to step on a sliver of glass.
Mike fixed the door today (who knew he knew how to replace glass in windows?? So handy...) and everything is all clean and my hand is healing so THAT'S IT. No more bad karma please!! I will be nice and patient and positive from now on!!
We leave tomorrow for Pennsylvania for the weekend--Mike's niece is getting married so it's Kayley's first trip and hotel stay! I don't think she will remember it at 2 months old but oh well... Will post pictures when we get home--JJ and Kayley are wearing SUCH cute outfits! That's the real reason people have kids right?? To dress them up? Thought so.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah, most people don't knock on glass. Just fyi.
:D
Hey, not like I pointed out the fact that he's deaf and in the shower which means he's not wearing his hearing aids. Kinda makes any kind of knocking on the door mute (pun intended!)
:D
Welcome back to work! We've missed you!
Mike, I wanna see your comic books! Do not listen to Laurie if she says anything about getting rid of them! She doesn't know what she's talking about.
Post a Comment