Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things that I love right now

--Kayley still gasps when I put a new shirt on her...it never gets old, she is just so shocked that something is coming over her head and she can't see for a split second :)

--JJ is so creative; the other day he had on his father's football helmet, his pajamas and one of  his sister's playmats tucked into the collar of his shirt as a cape and claimed that he was the superhero "Blanket Batman Boy"

--No TV days--I need to do this more often...all day today JJ and I played, had reading time, cleaned together...it was so calming and peaceful!

--Relishing Kayley's milestones--she has found her feet, sleeps through the night, rolls over on her side, sleeps in her own crib...to be honest it makes me a little sad too because I'm afraid she is growing up so fast and I will never experience this again.

--Family time. Since I'm home for the summer, I love waking up every day with a blank schedule. Somedays we go down to my grandmother's cottage; she loves the company and to be truthful, so do I. Somedays we go to my dad's house to swim, somedays we get together with Lisa and Emma, somedays we go to watch Jack's soccer games, but the best part of all is sitting down together as a family for dinner. We miss out on this all year while Mike and I work different hours but for these two perfect months, we come together every night and are a normal family. I know at the time, I'm too focused on telling JJ to eat more of his vegetables or drink his milk or dealing w/ Kayley b/c she doesn't want to sit in her bouncy seat anymore but I hope I can learn to just sit back and enjoy the time that we have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blanket Batman Boy rocks!