Monday, July 31, 2006

Ahhh...job!

I got a job!
RSD called and offered me the hs english position :)
I was very impressed/flattered w/ two things: first, when they asked if I was interested in the position, I said yes. They said good, but if I wasn't interested, they were ready to offer me the kindergarten position! Second, and probably the greatest compliment I've ever received; one teacher on the panel (deaf) has two students that go to school there. She already decided to pull them and mainstream them in the fall. BUT she told the panel that if they hired me for the english position, she would keep her kids at the school.
HOLY SHIZNIT!
Makes me feel great but nervous at the same time. What if I dont live up to their expectations, blah blah...

So, I'm super excited to get in there and do my thing (aka make some changes...) and see how it goes!
Tomorrow I have to go and meet w/ the supt to "negotiate my salary"...eh... I'm never very good at that kind of thing... I really really need a job but at the same time I really really need a good salary. So see see and will keep you posted!
It's hot and humid here, jj is sleeping and i'm off to read a book--gotta love summer!

3 comments:

julie said...

woooo congrats!!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Yay LOWY!!!! I am sooo excited for you and so pleased that I could put in a good word for you! miss you so much! Will call next week to catch up! HUGGIES!

Anonymous said...

congrats! but nothing beats your first class at csd, righttt?

-leila