
*DISCLAIMER* I know pregnancy is a gift and a miracle and I am blessed and I am growing a beautiful baby and yadda yadda yadda...
HOWEVER, today I am feeling all of the negatives that come along w/ pregnancy and I need to vent >:[
I hate heartburn. Explain to me how drinking water and breathing can make everything from my throat to my stomach feel like an inferno. Let alone, that I can't even get near all of the food that I am craving--chicken wings, pasta, pizza, any fast food, orange juice...
I hate iron pills. I miss going to the bathroom. enough said.
I hate hormonal imbalances. I am so moody (gee, can you tell from this post??) and I hate that I go from stark-raving mad to weepy in a matter of 2 seconds. Poor Jayson. He must think I am going to snap any minute--or that I have snapped and this is what the second coming must look like.
I hate leg cramps. Why, oh why must I wake up every night howling and shaking Mike out of dead sleep to help me rub out these little bastards??
I hate braxton-hicks contractions. Either be the real thing or get out of the way and stop bothering me.
I hate sleep deprivation/exhaustion. I miss sleep. I know it will be worse when the baby comes and I am up feeding and burping and changing poopie diapers--well, actually that doesn't sound so different from what I am doing now--minus the poopie part. Damn iron pills.
I hate dumb people. Some of the comments I have received at work: "So, how much weight have you gained exactly?" "You are only 7 months?? You are so BIG!" "So when is the big day?...Really?? Not until April?? Wow, that's far away..." and my favorite: "Sorry, I forgot that the baby is sucking your brain cells and intelligent jokes go right over your head." Death to dumb people.
Now I know I should be thankful--thanks to this little bundle of kicking-at-all-hours-of-the-day-and-night joy, I have shiny hair. I have great long nails. I can postpone jury duty. I could probably almost park in a handicapped spot and not feel that guilty about it. Almost.
And ya know, I have a very patient husband (never mind the cautious look he always keeps in his eyes like he is watching a rabid dog) and a very cool kid who puts up w/ all of my crap. I am not in Iraq, or Britney Spears, or running for president.
I CAN make it six more weeks and I WILL pop out this baby and then, rest assured, I will be back to bitch about how hospitals/labor/postpartum/newborns probably suck too. Gosh, can you wait to read about those too??? Hello?...*crickets chirping*...anyone still out there??

2 comments:
thanks for the good laughs tonight, dear. :) you can always put the guilt trips on ur kids when they misbehave. :)
oxoxox
:-) I feel better about what could possibly happen to me. ;-)
Post a Comment