Thursday, February 28, 2008

Feeling Like a Craptacular Mom...

Today was JJ's first day of school!! And ofc, I'm working and not there.
Ugh, I never knew I would feel so guilt ridden as a working mom...

BUT, Mike just sent me this message so I'm feeling a little bit better:
"When we arrived there and he was so excited. We walked into building as Mrs. Wasnock was standing by to welcome Jayson in. He walked fast straight to same classroom. Then we walked up to Jennifer's office. JJ is excited and grabbed her hand. He pulled her and mine hands to classroom. Jenn showed him where coat and bag hang up (#9) he seems so distracted with other kids ha he jumped and walked ard in room while other kids sat down on floor. Teacher aide laughed and told me she'll handle him until he settles down then I said bye bye JJ. He came up and kissed me then walked away."

Mike also said "far out small world" cuz Gerry Bateman was at the school to observe a teacher working w/ one of the mainstreamed Deaf kids. Gotta love the Deaf community! Also, Jennifer that Mike mentioned above is the secretary at the school--she's a CODA so she interprets for Mike when we go to school. It's nice to have someone in the front office that can communicate w/ our family--especially since Mike will be the one picking JJ up and dropping him off every day.

I'm glad JJ is adjusting well and having a good time--I'm hoping he never knows how heart-breaking it is for me not to be there. Will let you know later how the rest of the day goes--I also have some cute pixs to publish of his first day of school outfits--JJ got a new backpack to bring to school and his been wearing it EVERYWHERE (even to the bathroom and to bed!) :)

No comments: