Friday, April 25, 2008

Are you kidding me?

So, only a true dumb ass can end up on bed rest after having a baby...

I over-did it when I got home and my doctor put me on bed rest--basically she told me to put my feet up and only take care of the baby. Which selfishly is nice, but it's pretty unrealistic. 

It's completely my fault because I was so excited to be home; wanted to spend time w/ JJ,  wanted to prove I could balance two kids' needs, wanted to be outside because it has been so gorgeous, and wanted to start losing the weight that I have left over. Well, at 2 weeks post-partum my body said, "You are on crack, right?" and put a halt to my ambitions. 

So, now I'm trying very hard to take it easy and pay attention to what my body is telling me. It's hard for me to slow down but I have to let some things go--like doing the laundry, going for walks outside and running errands. Thank goodness Mike has been so helpful. We had a very trying week b/c he had to work nights this week--so he would leave around 9:30pm, work all night, be home by 7:30am to get JJ ready for school and then attempt to sleep for a few hours until JJ had to be picked up at 11am. The lack of sleep was very tough on him and the lack of support through the night and part of the day was tough for me. Luckily, after I was put on bed rest, Ashley was able to come yesterday and today to take JJ to the park and the beach and help me clean up the house. I'm so glad that Mike's schedule will go back to normal next week!


No comments: