Tuesday, April 08, 2008

She's Here :)




Kayley Belle Kettle Rivera
April 7th, 2008
10:14am
7 pounds 9 ounces
21 inches long

She's doing great!! And so is Mommy--the c section was wonderful--can you believe it?? What a difference good drugs can make :) I was so nervous b/c the spinal didn't work when I had JJ and it was just a traumatic, unhappy and scary experience. But this birth was so different--I felt nothing, had a great team of doctors, we chatted through the whole procedure and after Kayley was born, she never had to leave our sides :) The environment was so happy and positive and peaceful.

I'm a bit sore now but I'm really doing great! Kayley is a great sleeper and that has been a blessing :) We had many visitors yesterday--My dad came to help out for the afternoon, my sister stayed from dinner time til  bed time so Mike could go home and spend time with JJ.  My mom, Steve and Courtney and Katie came up and brought cute clothes for Kayley and even cuter Adidas booties! And Lisa came up last night and hung out w/ Steph and I.  It was fun to laugh and bond about our various birthing stories :)

Overall, this has been such a great experience--we were even talking about baby #3 with my doctor while in surgery! Buuuuuuuuttt...I think we will wait on that for a while!
Will post more pictures soon!! Thanks so much to all for your support and advice and prayers--Erin, I kept repeating while I was getting my spinal "curl in a ball and push against the needle..." It  really helped!! Thanks!!

1 comment:

julie said...

IM SO GLAD EVERYTHING WENT WELL for you !!!!! :) :) talking abut having third kid during the c-section- that must have been a good one! :)
oxoxo