Friday, April 18, 2008

My "Uh-buh" Moment

Ok. So now I get it.

Labor and delivery: It was great! It didn't hurt! The baby is healthy! Nurses take the baby at night for you! People come to visit and bring you stuff! You are on lots of drugs pumped right into your iv!

First week home: My incision is sore. OH MY GOD my boobs are sore. I pulled something in my neck and now I can't move my head, neck or shoulders. JJ has a cold--please don't touch the baby w/ your germs but I want you to love her and not end up in therapy b/c of me! The baby is throwing up--why is she throwing up?? JJ if you tell me "No", "No Way", or "Mmmm...No" one more time... Huh, I didn't lose all 40 pounds in the hospital? Now I actually have to do some work and get this weight off.
I'm so tired.
I'm sleep deprived.
I have no patience w/ anyone.

My realization?
It is NOT  the labor and delivery that deters people from having another child. It is the first few weeks home that could tie my tubes in an instant. 

It WILL get better. (It has to?) I WILL make it through this. (Or go down crying in a blur of Vicotin, cookie dough and baby poop.) We WILL all survive this! 
Feel free to save, print and mail this post to me when you see me discussing the potential for baby #3 in a couple of years! 

No comments: